Dayton Morgan was the owner of the second foundry in Brockport, which had been established by William Seymour and Thomas Roby in 1844. Mr. Morgan bought Roby's share, and the company became known as Seymour and Morgan. In 1853 it became Seymour, Morgan & Allen, and later, the D. S. Morgan Company. The "New Yorker" was an early model of the reaper manufactured by the Morgan company. By 1873, the company was noted for its "Triumph" reaper.